[mythtv-users] xvmc causes only a single line of output at the bottom of the screen

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Sep 26 15:12:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-26-09 at 10:05 -0500, Derek Meek wrote:
> DRI is not sometime to be modprobed.. it needs to be in your loadmodules
> in your x.org conf

I think this whole DRI tangent is a red herring to the problem at hand.
But just to satisfy the query...

> while in x open a xterm/konsole and do /glxinfo | grep direct/ if it
> says "yes" you're gravy, if it says no then you need to troubleshoot
> your video card driver

Yeah, it's all good:

DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

I know this because without XvMC, the opengl menu fades and such work
just fine.  Playing back MPEG2 with XvMC seems to be my only display
problem.

Thanx for the input though.

b.

Brian J. Murrell