[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

Jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Tue Sep 26 15:09:56 UTC 2006

Are you doing inline commercial flagging or after recording?
Are you using gl sync? If so,  when you run glxinfo, does it say DRI is
enabled (long shot, I know)
what does hdparm -tT /dev/hdWhatever  give you?
Run mythfrontend in an xterm, does it give you any messages about your
machine being too slow or a lot of NUV prebuffering?
Are you using wifi or wired to your backend?
Run mythfrontend -v all in an xterm and look for anything scary.

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,