[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .20, lirc stops working

Dwight Morgan junk at dwightandannette.us
Mon Sep 25 21:07:08 UTC 2006

Are you sure the new .20 was compiled with the native lirc support option?

-Dwight

>>> On 09/24/2006 at 10:12, in message <006301c6dffc$9d7a52f0$0200a8c0 at upstairs>, stan<stanlist at cox.net> wrote:

I fixed my lirc problem by fixing the end of line characters in my lircrc
file.

I keep the "hither and yon" type files for myth all together in an archive
on a windows machine.  The lircrc file for my Hauppauge PVR350 is one of
those files.  I don't know what did it (samba, or maybe I edited the files
in windows with something), but the end of line characters in my lircrc file
were changed from the original unix LF to windows CRLF.

The CRLF characters were apparently not acceptable to whatever was reading
the lircrc file.  The fix was to run dos2unix on the lircrc file.

--stan