[mythtv-users] opengl video sync crashes

Preston Crow pc-mythtv06c at crowcastle.net
Tue Sep 26 00:48:16 UTC 2006

I'm running with svn from yesterday, and playback crashes immediately
when I turn on OpenGL video sync.

I notice in the logs that it first tries to use nVidiaVideoSync, but the
VBlank ioctl does not work, indicating that it might not be supported in
the driver.  I'm running 8774 with X 7.1 (Gentoo, if it matters).

The crash seems to be in OpenGLVideoSync::Start() when it calls
glXWaitVideoSyncSGI().

This used to work, but I upgraded a bunch of packages, and it broke; it
seems that I messed something up, but I'm not sure where to look.

Could this be related to ticket 2383?  I noticed that the patch is
applied in the Gentoo ebuild.  I tried downgrading Mesa, and that didn't
help.  I tried applying the patch, and that didn't help, either.