[mythtv-users] MB hunt continues....help please

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Mon Sep 25 21:53:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:44:16AM -0400, RH wrote:

> Maybe I'm not asking the right questions...
>
> I'm looking for a 939 motherboard with onboard S/PDIF and S-Video.
> 4 PCI slots too would be nice.
>
> Thanks
> Robert

At the risk of ridicule, I'm running an ECS KN1 Extreme.  Socket 939,
Optical and coax s/pdif out, Gigabit and 100mbps ethenet, 3PCI, 1 PCI
express x16, and other goodies.  For video I use a LeadTek PX6600 PCI
Express card with the HD dongle that includes s-video out.

I just saw a Jetway motherboard (out of stock) on Newegg that has
onboard Nvidia 6 series graphics with svideo and a 939 socket.  I don't
recall if that one had s/pdif audio out or not.

I think you are going to have to compromise - go to a mini-itx
motherboard (no AMD processor), give up onboard s-video, or give up
onboard s/pdif.

Good luck & happy hunting - let me know if you find your grail (cause I
want one too).

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"