[mythtv-users] Can't playback using 1080i TV-Out
Justin The Cynical
cynical at penguinness.org
Mon Sep 25 18:31:08 UTC 2006
I have been looking at getting a new display/television that has a
native 1080 resolution. So, I thought that I would be smart and make
sure my current myth system can deal with the added data to pump out the
video card.
Current setup:
4:3 projection set with the ability to accept a 1080i signal
MSI fanless AGP GeForce 6200 with component video out, currently using a
480i TV-Out signal
system resolution is set at 800x600
Myth .19 fixes, rev 0.19.20060121-2
Nvidia 8774
Using XvMC
Screen settings does not have "Use GUI size for TV playback" checked
I am able to watch HD programming with the system scaling the HD feed
down to fit.
However, when I set everything to 1080 (TV-Out to 1080i and X resolution
to 1920x1080), the frontend works until I try to play any videos. The
screen goes blank and the frontend hangs, requiring me to reboot the
machine to get it back under control. I tried leaving the screen
resolution alone but setting the TV-Out to 1080, same results.
The frontend log is as follows:
2006-09-25 02:04:58.221 Using runtime prefix = /usr/local
2006-09-25 02:04:58.241 New DB connection, total: 1
2006-09-25 02:04:58.254 Total desktop dim: 1920x1080, with 1 screen[s].
2006-09-25 02:04:58.262 Current Schema Version: 1123
2006-09-25 02:04:58.262 mythfrontend version: 0.19.20060121-2 www.mythtv.org
2006-09-25 02:04:58.262 Enabled verbose msgs: important
2006-09-25 02:04:58.415 lang0: eng
2006-09-25 02:04:58.415 lang: eng
2006-09-25 02:04:58.425 lang1: eng
2006-09-25 02:04:58.425 lang: eng
2006-09-25 02:04:58.490 Total desktop dim: 1920x1080, with 1 screen[s].
2006-09-25 02:06:31.817 Using protocol version 26
2006-09-25 02:06:31.853 Using protocol version 26
2006-09-25 02:06:36.484
RingBuf(/mythtv/storage/2121_20060925020632.mpg): Waited 2 seconds for
data to become available...
2006-09-25 02:06:36.485 Checking to see if there's a new livetv program
to switch to..
0: start_time: 5859.060 duration: -9223372036854.775
stream: start_time: 65100.668 duration: -9223372036854.775 bitrate=0 kb/s
2006-09-25 02:06:36.626 NVP: Disabling Audio, params(-1,-1,-1)
2006-09-25 02:06:36.627 NVP: Disabling Audio, params(0,-1,-1)
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 140
Minor opcode: 14
Resource id: 0x17d
2006-09-25 02:06:36.916 New DB connection, total: 3
XvMC: picture structure FRAME
2006-09-25 02:06:37.177 VideoOutputXv Error: ProcessFrameXvMC: Failed to
get OSD lock
2006-09-25 02:06:39.256 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:43.024 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:45.242 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:47.458 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:48.574 VideoOutputXv Error: ProcessFrameXvMC: Failed to
get OSD lock
2006-09-25 02:06:49.738 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:51.963 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:54.171 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:56.422 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:06:58.656 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:07:00.876 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:07:03.084 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
2006-09-25 02:07:05.345 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.
(and repeat the NVP message)
Any ideas? I'm stumped since I am using TV-Out now, just changing the
resolution shouldn't cause this.
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list