[mythtv-users] LVM2 Striping Suggestions...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 13:41:56 UTC 2006

On 9/23/06, Andy Speagle <sidrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well... I reckon I'm talked into RAID... I will now have four (4) 250GB
> ATA-100 WD2500JB Drives ... I'll throw them together in a software RAID 5
> setup... writing across that many spindles should be fairly nice... I doubt
> software RAID 10 would work very well... (but might be cute to see)...

I've got my recordings drive in a mdadm RAID10 and it works fine and
on my Athlon64 3200+ uses less than 5% of my cpu max from what I've
seen. Been up for about  5mo now with no problems and I've yet to get
it to come close to maxing out speed, which with 3 hd tuners and 2 HD
capable frontends plus commflagging, etc. is pretty nice.

> When you say:
>
> > (providing your not planning on high def)
>
> What is it that you mean?...

probably that you plan on recording/playback of HD material.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!