[mythtv-users] Problem setting up mythtv-database HELP!

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Mon Sep 25 10:42:45 UTC 2006

I've been trying to install all of the dependency packages for mythtv
using apt-get, but here is what I am getting:

Failed to connect to database: Access denied for 'root'@'localhost'
(using Password: Yes, at -e line 5, <> line 1
Then I tried dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database, it then tells me:
mythtv-database
mythtv
sup -process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any help on this matter would be appreicated...

Thanks Larry