[mythtv-users] Recordings want to use the tuner I'm using

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:02:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a minor problem with my mythtv.

I have a multiple tuner setup - 3 DVB tuners. So I should be able to
happily record 2 channels, while watching another. And yes, it can do
this.

But, if I'm watching channel X, and mythtv needs to start recording
something on channel Y, it will grab the tuner I'm currently using
(watching channel X), splash that big warning on the screen (something
about how it is about to start recording something on another channel,
do I want to let it), and if I dont do anything, it will switch to
that channel (the new channel being recorded, channel Y). If I want to
watch channel X still, I have to switch tuners (I usually exit liveTV
and go back into it, where it automatically gets the next available
tuner).

Now, my question is, is there anyway of stopping this behaviour? In
this situation, I want it to record channel Y using a new tuner, and
leave me happily watching channel X. (The girlfriend doesnt like it
when Australian Idol automatically switches to CSI in the middle of a
song).

Thanks.