[mythtv-users] Dual tuner mini-itx system

Owen Berry owen.berry at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 16:00:39 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It shouldn't be a problem.  I'm surprised that your going for such an old
> > model Via board.  They have new ones with dual cores and other good features.
> > It has been suggest on this list that more recent version can do high
> > definition.  That of course means using the vga port and not the
> > s-video/composite.
> >
> > Paul
>
> ~$140 USD For the above board versus a semi-newer CN400-based at ~$210
> USD or a ~$350 CN700.
>
> So, assuming the OP doesn't have the extra ~$70-$200 to throw around,
> that's one reason I can think of especially because there is no
> need/desire for HDTV (and waiting until they get other HDTV hardware
> makes sense so that todays existing HDTV capable systems will then be
> cheap and have their bugs worked out) according to their post.
>
> -Chad

Money *is* a consideration, but I would rather have a system that
works well. The main reasons I'm looking at the M10000 is that I have
seen accounts of other people successfully using it, as well as
assuming that the software support should be pretty good by now.

I'm also thinking that one of these more powerful CPU's will require
more cooling, resulting in more fan noise. Maybe I am wrong though.

Thanks for the input. I'd be grateful for any more.

Owen