[mythtv-users] DVD import to iso produces unplayable file, but "perfect" mode works great.

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 05:42:28 UTC 2006

Anduin, Marco, Thanks for your help.

>Bad sectors on the disc will make the copy fail.

The strange thing is "pefect" mode works on the same
DVDs that fail to produce a usable file in "iso" mode.
 Obviously deCSS is working in perfect mode.  The
resulting vob plays okay.  If I mount the iso, no vobs
from the video_ts play!

I have some pristine DVDs in my collection that
predate ARccOS and such.  iso doesn't work with any of
them.  It seems libdvdcss is not being used and, yes,
the result is much like a dd of the device.

-Cal