[mythtv-users] MythWeather - Don't trust the data

Damien Dusha damiendusha at netspace.net.au
Sun Sep 24 05:01:04 UTC 2006

"That's the whole idea behind the revamp (that ldunning is
still working on)--separate the data fetching from the plugin to allow
anyone to write their own "grabber.""

I'm actually reasonably interested in writing one for the Beuro of
Meteorology Site for Australia (http://www.bom.gov.au ) -  if you read
the copyright stuff at the bottom I think (I am not a legal person, just
a mere engineer) that it is OK to use this data for projects such as
this, so long as a link is included to the data source.  A second
opinion (preferably legal opinion) on this might be needed though.

Would any aussies be interested in this?

Also, will there be an interface published for MythWeather?  Say, on the
MythTV wiki?  It'd facilitate this sort of development reasonably quickly.