[mythtv-users] nfs truncates mythvideo files

Jason S. Preston acee2bee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:39:05 UTC 2006

to you,

which version of nfs are you running.  i personally had a problem
when using an older version, i believe nfs v2, as it limited file
size to i want to say 2 gb or maybe it was just a gig.  however when
running nfs v3, that limit was raised significantly, to a point that
would most likely be unimportant right now.  and even larger in v4,
think thats experimental now though.

what i'm saying is that if you are using nfs 2, then it will only
allow smaller file sizes to be written/read.  so it would essentially
take your larger files and quit writing them at that limit.  i think
at least.  my issue was when i was recording live tv to an nfs mount,
it would stop a live show after writing a file that was at said
limit.  personally running gentoo, and it was an option in the kernel
setup to enable the various nfs versions.  simply changed to the
newer version, and i could do all i wanted with giant files.

hope that helps a little bit.
regards,
j preston