[mythtv-users] .20 works great, except for openGL and mythweb

raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:28:53 UTC 2006

Hi guys,
Been 10,000 years since I posted anything on this list, mainly because
mythtv has been working so well.  Thanks Isaac and all the developers.

I upgraded to 0.20 and that got rid of an occasional frontend crash.
The FE is rock solid now, but for some reason Mythweb doesn't work anymore.
I can't figure it out, it was working perfectly in 0.18 and 0.19.  I
edited the htaccess file and all, but I get the message about how the
server isn't configured properly to access the sql database and I should
edit the htaccess file.
Not that I haven't RTFMed, but are there any new configuration steps to
the updated mythweb I may have missed?  With 0.18 and 0.19 it "just
worked" after I set the sql user and password.

Also, I can't use the OpenGL painter because it results in a garbled
mess on screen, no readable menus or anything.  Once you enter a config
menu, the problem goes away, maybe because the config menus are still
drawn with qt?  Exiting any menu results in the same noise onscreen.
I'm using an FX5200 with svideo out.  It seems many other people have
OGL working on their systems with 5200's, so I wonder if anyone else has
had this problem and can help me.
Thanks a bunch.
Raphael