[mythtv-users] DVB-S on MythTV 0.20 - no picture

Ian Colley ian.colley at zepler.net
Sat Sep 23 10:47:30 UTC 2006

Have just upgraded to mythtv 0.20 on gentoo and watching live tv just
produces a black screen (with OSD).

I think it must be a tuning problem as re-scanning for channels using
mythtv-setup results in no channels being detected (no progress bar as
was the case with 0.19)

No error messages in mythbackend log and nothing unusual in the frontend
log either.

I have tried changing the renderer from Xvmc to standard and introducing
tuning delays for the card but to no effect.

My card: Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus (CX24123 chipset)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Ian