[mythtv-users] Multiple Directories for Recordings

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Fri Sep 22 23:57:03 UTC 2006

> Why haven't they applied this patch to the trunk yet ?
> It's been around for months and yet i haven't even heard a boo from a
> single developer about it.
> For me anyway it's the best addition to mythtv in a long time.

it certainly works, but as the Trac ticket #1744 comments show as well as
some discussion on the dev list, there are perhaps better ways of doing it.

one of my motivations was in keeping the patch relatively small & with least
impact (i.e. no database schema changes necessary).  that doesn't make it
the best way of doing it.

it'll go in when its ready.  i'm in no hurry - and here's the thing with
open source - it isn't exactly 'hard' to compile your own myth installation,
(even taking the 'stable' tree, or taking SRPMs) & applying custom patches
to it that suite you.

cheers,

lincoln.