[mythtv-users] Video garbled

Thomas Hood thomas.hood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:13:37 UTC 2006


Hello all,

I can sucessfully capture an mpeg2 stream from my dvb-t nova-t usb2
card. However when I try and play it with mplayer the picure is
totally garbled -- a thin green flashing bar with a tv image just
about visible. I'm using the native open-source Radeon driver, I've
got only  one resolution  specified in my xorg.conf (728x536) which
fits my TV nicely (attached)

I've tried the fglrx driver, but it seems to totally ignore my modelines.

Any help most appreciated,

Thomas Hood

The output from mplayer is:

mythtv at htpc-linux:~$ mplayer /home/mythtv/BBC1.mpeg
MPlayer 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel  (Family: 6, Stepping: 6)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.


91 audio & 204 video codecs
Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your
system startup scripts.
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory