[mythtv-users] How do I find out why a program didn't record?

Trey Thompson trey at verustech.com
Fri Sep 22 16:59:52 UTC 2006

> Was it being listed in "upcoming recordings" prior to airtime?  Did
> anything
> else record at the time of the program?

I'm answering three replies at once.  :)

I wasn't home, so I definitely wasn't watching LiveTV.  Nobody in the
house even knows about Myth yet, and it's in my office anyway, so nobody
was on it.

I honestly don't remember if it was listed in upcoming programs.  I'm
used to TiVo, which is almost "Set it and Forget it", but not as NEAR as
awesome as MythTV. :)

I checked /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log, and there are no entries near
8:00 last night (show started at 8:00).

Here's the funny thing, when I setup the schedule for the program, I set
it to:
Record at any time on this channel
Recording Priority is 10 (I have nothing else even close to this,
everything else is 1, 0, or -1.  So, this is a pretty danged important
show. :)
Auto-Flag Commercials