[mythtv-users] Myth 0.20 problems on Gentoo

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Fri Sep 22 13:41:38 UTC 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Robin Smith wrote:

> Basically, my backend crashes with a seg fault after a seemingly
> random period of time, the log shows nothing useful at the time of the
> crash (I have yet to correlate what was happen on the backend with
> what caused the crash).

I'm also on gentoo and have seen this too. Specifically I see this
with mythtv-0.20_p11244 where as mythtv-0.20_p11163. But note that
mythtv-0.20_p11163 is no longer in portage. So far I've only seen the
backend crash when I've been pushing the front end. By this I mean,
rapid watch tv -> exit out -> change settings -> watch tv -> repeat
cycling as I troubleshoot other issues. :)

I also see nothing obvious in the backend log file but I haven't
tried running it with increased verbosity yet.

> I also experience the following weirdness:
> After watching a recording, I delete it. It goes away as if deleted,
> then comes back. I have seen this before (pre 0.19) when the file
> wasn't actually there (say a bad recording), but in this case the file
> is definitely there as I am able to watch it again. If I play the
> show, edit it and set some cut points, transcode it, wait until
> transcoding is done, then delete, it works!

Can you give me step by step screen clicks on how to replicate this?
If you're directions are detailed I'll give it a try and let you know
if I see the same.

--
Scott