[mythtv-users] Swamped by repeats

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Sep 22 07:38:29 UTC 2006

In message <F54D246F88E1544892CA2F7FDC1163DE33C841 at GBISE0BASMSX02.eu.sony.com>
        Guy Dawson <Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com> wrote:

> The problem is that those kind people at the Radio Times seem to have a
> haphazard approach to the data feed,  and we get the same episode
> sub-titled and/or described in various ways.  Naturally Myth sees these
> as different programs and records them all.
>
> This happens with Lost, Doctor Who,  ER and any number of shows.  Lost
> is especially bad, as there are something like 6 airings of a given
> episode.

There are usually only two descriptions at worst - the default one
from the channel that is often applied to the repeats and the one
written by RT staff that it often applied to the first showing.

So it is usually sufficient to hit "never record" for whichever
description you don't want and just let it get the other one.

Of course if the show has a subtitle then you can just do duplicate
checking based on that and ignore description - you have to be a bit
careful of two part episode though as sometimes both parts have the
same subtitle.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)