[mythtv-users] Debian 0.20 mythfrontend packages crash

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Sep 22 02:38:44 UTC 2006

I'm running the latest packages from debian-multimedia.org on a
frontend only laptop (exact versions below).  If I don't have DRI
enabled in Xorg, then mythfrontend seems to work fine, including
playback, but when I exit mythfrontend, my entire X session dies.

If I enable DRI in Xorg, then mythfrontend gets a segfault whenever I
try to watch a recording.  I tried switching between Qt/OpenGL
painters, and toggling whether OpenGL is used for sync, with no
difference.

So with or without DRI, mythfrontend isn't very usable for me.

Any suggestions for things to try would be welcome!

Dan

Versions:

ii  libmyth-0.20             0.20-0.1
ii  mythtv-common            0.20-0.1