[mythtv-users] CPU usage increase with 0.20 and PVR-350 playback

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Sep 21 21:54:22 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 23:32 -0700, Jason Surprise wrote:
>> I'm noticing mythfrontend cpu usage of 50% or more when playing back
>> recorded content through the PVR-350.  Previously I used to see < 1%
>> since it's all hardware decoding.  Is this a bug?

Sounds like you've switched from the hardware mp2 decoder to the
framebuffer decoder. Make sure you're still using the PVR-350 output
in Playback settings and that you're not transcoding into another
format like mp4. Remember you can only play mp2 files back on the
hardware decoder. If you try any other format you'll be using the
framebuffer which means CPU cycles.