[mythtv-users] Update channel icons for your area (was Re: Sky Channel Icons)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 17:16:31 UTC 2006

On 21/09/06, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 13:22, Peter Dash wrote:
> > The script that someone else mentioned - mythautoicon - that pulls
> > icons from lyngsat semi-automatically can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.syzygy.eclipse.co.uk/mythalsig.html
> >
> > and works fine for me (in the uk).
>
> And the person who wrote it (that'd be me ;-) does lurk on the list, and is
> happy to answer questions and fix issues you find. I've seen no questions or
> issues since I posted info on the last version in May, so it either works, or
> very few people have used it.

A related note - I've just put through an update for the uk_rt XMLTV
grabber (CVS head, not yet in a release) so that all channels
supported by the grabber now have valid channel icon URLs in the
channel_ids file
(http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/xmltv/xmltv/grab/uk_rt/channel_ids?view=markup).

I keep a close eye on this file to make sure it is as up to date as
possible, so if this helps anyone in addition to Steve's mythalsig
app, please make use of the information.

I've also now compiled a comprehensive list of channels supported by
the uk_rt grabber for UK analogue, freeview, Sky Digital and ntl
Digital providers, which I'll be uploading soon. (This information is
intended for use with Justin Hornsby's proposed application I
mentioned above which should be it a very simple process to add the
Sky or ntl lienups (and icons for Freeview).

Cheers,
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/