[mythtv-users] running something on every channel change

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Thu Sep 21 15:37:55 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 12:03 pm, Neale Pickett wrote:
> I'll report back with findings.  Thanks for the pointers.

This is regarding my saa7133 "FlyTV mini Asus Digimatrix" tuner losing sound
in MythTV on channel changes.

I suspect strongly that
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/224265#224265 has the answer
to my problems, but I just don't have the gumption to patch my stock debian
mythtv binary.  Here's what I've done instead.

Create a shell script called "mixer-fixer":

  #! /bin/sh

  for i in 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55; do
    amixer -q -c 1 sset Video,0 nocap
    amixer -q -c 1 sset Video,0 cap
    sleep 5
  done

Then run that every minute from cron:

  * * * * * /path/to/mixer-fixer

These two will set the mixer every 5 seconds.  It's definitely a hack, but it
works well enough for me and it was easier than getting the source and
recompiling it.

Hope this helps somebody.

Neale