[mythtv-users] Firewire Problems, was working
Jim Westfall
jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Thu Sep 21 10:33:22 EDT 2006
Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote [09.21.06]:
>
> Thanks for the patch. I have been reading some of your work on firewire and
> I appreciate the work you are putting in to this. I will try out the patch
> this evening and let you know how it works. Do I need to recompile the
> source after I update it with the patch? I think I know how to apply the
> patch:
>
> patch /libs/libmythtv/firewirerecorder.cpp p2p.diff
In the root of your mythv source do 'patch -p0 < p2p.diff', then you need
to recompile and install.
>
> >From there I am not clear on what I need to do. Also you said that the
> internal changer can change channels on different tuners. Was this not
> working for me because I was using p2p, which was not functioning, instead
> of broadcast? Thanks for your help.
channel changing is done via avc commands and doesnt involve p2p or
broadcast connections. If you are having trouble when having your
firewire model set to SA3250HD, try changing it to SA4200HD.
jim
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list