[mythtv-users] Two questions (capture card and backend)

Aaron Howard archanoid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:24:40 UTC 2006

1. I don't know if any of you are fans of http://www.woot.com/ but
today they are selling a USB tv-tuner called a "Adaptec GameBridge TV
USB2 Video Capture/TV Tuner" for $19.95 + $5 s/h.  It looks like a
simple framegrabber but I'm curious if anybody's ever used one and can
comment on it.  Anyone?

2. What are people's thoughts on whether a dual Xeon 3.06Ghz w/ 1GB
RAM and two or three 36GB Ultra320 SCSI drives would be able to handle
the backend load with two framegrabber cards, one ATSC-110 capture
card, and firewire?  It could theoretically be recording two NTSC
tuners (CPUs doing the encoding), grabbing an ATSC stream and a
firewire stream, while feeding up to three front ends.  One thing for
sure is I think the roughly ~100GB from three 36GB drives would fill
up mighty fast.

--
==
Aaron Howard