[mythtv-users] Eject button

Neil Dunbar neil.dunbar at pobox.com
Thu Sep 21 07:21:27 UTC 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 07:26, Henry A Harper III wrote:

> When I was being puzzled by the non-functional "eject media" command, it
> was in a mythfrontend menu (DVD => Eject media) and not a particular button
> on my remote, so I don't think .lircrc would enter into it.

Strangely enough, I find that if I've ejected the tray and inserted a disc
(CD, DVD, whatever), the HAL system automounts - and then "Eject Media" will
work for me. However, selecting this command merely brings up a menu listing
which device (/dev/hdb is my only CD-ROM) or a cancel. Selecting /dev/hdb
does ... nothing.

I ended up binding a key on my remote control to the irexec
command "eject -T /dev/hdb". Works to eject or insert the tray. I also bound
another button to a sudo'd script which turns on DMA and resets the CD-ROM -
handy in case a corrupt disc causes a DMA reset in the ATAPI layer and eject
no longer functions normally.

Cheers,

Neil