[mythtv-users] Anybody get a gander at the Neuros box?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 04:33:41 UTC 2006

Wait. Sorry. I had another look at this and it seems there's no video out.

Which leads to a purely theoretical question: What would it take to
create a truly minimal frontend?

Is it possible to build a FE on a tiny ARM system like this one, with
coprocessors for MPEG2, MPEG4, and audio?

I suppose this would be similar to the MediaMVP, though I have no
experience with that unit.

I guess I'm just still wishing for a full FE device as small and as
quiet as a bog-standard home router.

Still, this is an interesting piece for its potential in expanding
recording possibilites.