[mythtv-users] Layout problem in myth-setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 20 20:07:33 UTC 2006

On 09/20/06 15:43, Alan Chandler wrote:

>I have taken to running it with -geometry 640x480.
>
>The problem is, is that many of the screens don't position the buttons at the
>bottom of the screen properly.  The worst of these is in the channel editor,
>when you try and edit the details of an individual channel.  Only the very
>tops of the "Cancel", "Back" and "Finish" buttons are visible.  In fact I was
>looking for a way to delete a single channel (See next post from me about a
>problem with channel deletion) and had to run myth-setup full screen to find
>out what those buttons were.

There's only so much information you can fit on a 640x480 screen such
that it's readable from 10 feet away.  While MythTV allows you to use it
at a minimum of 640x480, you should really use at least 800x600.

>I am not sure if there is a more formal way to raise a bug than on here, I can
>find nothing on the web site about where to report them.

Just before 0.20 was released, Isaac did some cleanup of the setup pages
to make them fit better in response to Trac ticket #2220 (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/219277#219277 ), so
it's unlikely to get any better based on another bug report.  If it's
really a problem for you, I highly recommend you find a way to patch it
to make it better.

Mike