[mythtv-users] 0.20 bugs

Jason Kraftcheck jkraftch at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 20 22:41:23 UTC 2006

I'm using the 0.20 mythtv .debs from http://www.debian-mulitmedia.org on a box
running Debian testing.

1) If, in the appearance settings, I set a different resolution and x-offset for
displaying non-video content, the frontend hangs with the display of the menu
overlayed on a frame of video when I try to access the program guide while
watching live TV.  I see the overlayed menu shift slightly to the right just
before it locks up, which is what led me to suspect the display settings.  I've
worked around this by removing the alternate resolution settings and living with
the overscan.  Any better alternatives?

2) When watching live TV the frontend still sometimes hangs during the
transition from one program to another (on the same channel.)  I thought I saw
something in the list of changes for 0.20 that said this bug was fixed (which
was my primary motivation for upgrading to 0.20), but apparently I misunderstood
what that item meant in the list of changes.  Are there any known work-arounds
for this problem?

3) The frontend crashes when I try to access the DVD playback settings.  Has
anyone else had this problem?  Is there something that I've misconfigured or
failed to install?

thanks,

- jason