[mythtv-users] Live TV Video Player

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:45:57 UTC 2006

> > am using the internal one to watch avi's, am I able to choose a "subtitle"
> > for the avi, or would I have to use something like mplayer to do this?

If you use mplayer to play .avi files from mythvideo and you have .sub
files for your avis, then mplayer will display the subtitles as
expected.

Don't know if anyone is looking to add subtitle support to the
internal player, but it would be interesting if mythtv could strip VBI
cc text from an mpeg2 file during transcode and store it as a .sub
file or equivalent. Maybe even store the subtitles along with all of
the database info in a video container?

-Ross