[mythtv-users] mytharchive DVD has no visible menu selection/'cursor'

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:00:32 UTC 2006

On 9/19/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Neil Bird wrote:
> > Around about 18/09/06 18:59, Brad DerManouelian typed ...
> >
> >> I had this problem as well playing the DVD on my OS X laptop. I can't
> >> remember the exact name of the theme. I think it's based on the
> >> MythCenter theme, though. Blue with chapter menus and all that. The
> >> selection is supposed to be yellow but I don't see it.
> >>

> >    Yes, it's the 'full' MythCenter one I tried;  tested on xine and a
> DVD
> > player, both the same.
> >
> >    I tried & failed to find the selection overlay pixmaps in the
> mytharchive
> > dir. (like the set that came with mythburn);  are they generated on the
> fly now?
> >

> Yes, The selection overlay images are generated on the fly.
>
> I have a hunch what the problem may be. Is everyone seeing this problem
> in NTSC land by any chance?
>
> Could you email me the chaptermenumask-1.png and chapterspumux-1.xml
> files that are created in the work directory used by MythArchive.
> Hopefully they will give me a clue has to what's happening.
>
> Thanks, Paul H.

Paul,

since I don't know how many people saw your request and emailed you what you
requested, I put the requested files in a gzipped tar at the following url:

http://www.pinebluff.dyndns.org/~kslater/mytharchive-debug.tgz

This is for an NTSC recording that was burned to DVD with MythArchive using
mytharchive-0.20-131.fc4.at. It seems to exhibit the problems mentioned
above.

...Kevin