[mythtv-users] PATH, QTDIR, and qmake

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Tue Sep 19 16:07:59 UTC 2006

> On Tue Sep 19, 2006 at 09:04:29AM -0600, scott at tbwifi.ca wrote:
>
>> Thx Robin,
>> Maybe you can shed some light on my situation.  I originally missed the
>> step to set the PATH and QTDIR.  I ran qmake, make, and make install and
>> great deal seemed to happen...newbee :^).  However, when I tried to
>> setup
>> the database and or run mythtv-setup things didn't appear to be
>> complete.
>> I caught the step I missed in the doc, and have since fixed them and
>> started the qmake process again.  Is this possibly what was wrong with
>> the
>> first try?
>> SFS
>>
> I'm not familiar with Mandriva, but the steps you're following seem to
> be the same as I have to do with Gentoo.  Presumably you have both QT3
> and QT4 installed, in which case /usr/bin/qmake will be the QT4 version
> (qmake -v will tell you the version and what libraries it's using).  The
> problem being that MythTV won't compile against QT4 (it gets quite a way
> but falls over eventually).  If you've run a compile with the QT4
> version of qmake, then you'll need to do a 'make distclean' and start
> again, otherwise the Makefiles aren't regenerated and still point to the
> QT4 directories.  So, the process should be to set the PATH and QTDIR
> variables to point to the QT3 location, do a 'make distclean', then
> configure and make as normal.
>
> HTH,
>         Robin
> --
>      ___
>     ( ' }     |       Robin Hill        <myth at robinhill.me.uk> |
>    / / )      | Little Jim says ....                            |
>   // !!       |      "He fallen in de water !!"                 |

Robin,

Thank you very much.  This appears to be my problem.  I suspect that a
current release of Mandriva (10.6) would likely install QT4 and perhaps
that is where the mess begain.  Thanks for the tip on the 'make
distclean'.  I'll need to do that and try again tonight.  I'll be sure to
update the group for the benefit of the next poor sucker with the same
problem.

Scott