[mythtv-users] DVB-T card buying advice

Tom Lawton tlawton at gmx.de
Tue Sep 19 14:07:06 UTC 2006

On 19 Sep 2006, at 12:35, Phil Foxton wrote:

> The entry for 15th June covers it a little bit but the main problem
> most
> people have is that they either:
> 1) forget to connect the USB cable (either internally or externally)
> 2) connect both USB cables (which confuses the hell out of the
> kernel modules)
> 3) forget to download the black/bluebird firmware (if you have
> downloaded the
> linuxtv source code there is script in the Docs folder that will
> download it
> for you.

  I have the same DVICO Dual and the USB tuner is quite intermittent.
Occasionally on a reboot it will not show up in 'lsusb' and even
unplugging/replugging does nothing. The kernel messages (I can't
remember the exact details) imply that it detects that a usb device
has appeared but can't get its id.

  Oddly, once it's started working it has no problems until the next
reboot.

Other than that I'd say the DVICO dual is an excellent card.

tom