[mythtv-users] PVR 500 / Diagonal lines

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Sep 19 07:30:47 UTC 2006

I've just replaced a PVR150 and a PVR350 with a PVR500  (FC5 with
ivtv 0.7.0 using )  Now all my captures have diagonal lines or
striping.

There's about 60 darker bands or lines across the screen, on about a
30 degree angle (top right to bottom left).  It happens when
capturing via coax aerial or via s-video from my STB so I don't think
it's a poor signal from the aerial.   It's a PAL system with 50Hz AC
power.

I've tried moving the card to a different PCI slot, with no
difference.  The PC, STB and TV are all connected to the same power
strip.

Is it likely to be a driver issue, or a sign of faulty hardware?

Any ideas on other things to try, or should I return the card for a
replacement?

  - Wade