[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Hooking Hauppauge NOVA-T remote to NOVA-T-less front end ...

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Mon Sep 18 22:30:46 UTC 2006

Thought I would just let you guys know where I went with this...

Here :

http://www.zapway.de/e_index1.htm

for €16.90 Thomas built and shipped to me an internal IR receiver for my
VIA EPIA, which just plugged straight into a spare COM2 port on my m/b
and sits behind a grille at the front of my case.

For that sort of money, it's just not worth messing with the Hauppauge
receivers that I have.

I trained lirc with one of the Hauppage remotes and now have myth and
xine working perfectly from the comfort of the sofa. I can tell that
even my wife is impressed with my myth setup for once !

My thanks to Thomas and to all the people on this list who helped me
with this one.

Jules

P.S.

Just installed 0.20 - looking good - my thanks to all the myth
developers who made this happen.