[mythtv-users] Upgrade Problem 0.19 >> 0.20

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:51:20 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Tyler Bartel <tyler at bartel.ca> wrote:

> I am having trouble upgrading from myth version 0.19 to 0.20. I am
> running FC4 and am attempting to upgrade with:
>
> yum -y install mythtv-suite
>
> The upgrade fails with this error:
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package
> mythtv-frontend
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package mythtv-setup
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package
> mythtv-backend
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package mytharchive
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package mythbrowser
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package libmyth
> Error: Missing Dependency: libjack.so.0 is needed by package mythdvd
>
> Obviously I am simply missing a dependant library but can someone direct
> me to how I can install this missing library?

I just did this upgrade last week on an FC4 machine and I can tell you that
you'll be much better off if you first install smart and then use that to
upgrade Myth.

yum install smart

after that completes you can do:

smart install mythtv-suite

My upgrade via smart went without a hitch and pulled in all necessary
dependencies (include libjack.so.0).

HTH,
Brad