[mythtv-users] cx88 pci_abort messages

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Sep 19 00:54:33 UTC 2006

Greets all.

I'm setting up a MythTV 0.20 box on Gentoo 2006.1 I have the entire
system built and can record but I don't think things are quite right
yet. In dmesg I'm seeing lots of the following output from my DViCO
FusionHDTV 5 Gold adapter. My signal is OTA ATSC. i don't have a
cable box hooked up and am not using QAM.

	cx88[0]: irq mpeg  [0x80000] pci_abort*
	cx88[0]/2: general errors: 0x00080000
	cx88[0]/2: cx8802_stop_dma
	cx88[0]/2: cx8802_restart_queue
	cx88[0]/2: cx8802_start_dma w: 0, h: 0, f: 2
	cx88[0]/2: setting the interrupt mask

My problem is that playback of "live" HDTV streams seems a bit rough
(occasional frame drops, picture jumps, pixilation) both through
mplayer dvb:// and mythtv. The above messages aren't specific to
MythTV as far as i can tell. I also see them when using mplayer to
read the dvb stream.

My hardware is an Asus P5B, Core 2 Duo E6600, 1GB RAM, and SATA 3G
drive. For video I'm using a Gigabyte 7600GT. I'm not using XvMC,
however, as testing with Xv seems to indicate I have plenty of cpu to
handle HDTV playback. In fact, several 1080i test clips and one 1080p
clipI have show no problems being played back from mplayer.

So, anyone seen the above errors before? They're not fatal but from
the sound of them it seems like something isn't right on the PCI bus
which could be impacting performance of the box. Any help would be
much appreciated :)

--
Scott