[mythtv-users] Logo Contest

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 18 20:37:05 UTC 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 03:46:15PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
>>> YES! A logo contest! I am no good with logo graphics, but
>>> whenever an
>>> open source project decides to have a logo contest, they end up
>>> with a
>>> ton of AWESOME logos!
>>
>> I'm pretty happy with the current logo.
>
> I sort of thought you might be... :-)
>
> Which is why I put that disclaimer on the page.  But if you want to
> kill the page again, that's fine with me too.

If Isaac is happy with the present logo I don't see much reason to
change.

However, if anybody is going to try and design a new one, a factor to
be aware of is that the present one works quite well with the easily-
available Avery #8692 CD/DVD labels. This is probably more from
happenstance than design.

I'd hate to see a new logo adopted that didn't work well for my DVDs,
and would probably continue to use the old one for that reason if no
other.

The NSLU2 folks had a logo design contest and the only real problem
was that so much good work went unused.