[mythtv-users] Update channel icons for your area (was Re: Sky Channel Icons)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 18 18:29:09 UTC 2006

On 09/18/06 12:57, Andrew Lyon wrote:

>Has anybody got some nice sky channel icons they could share? Ive
>googled and found a few but some are of low quality or incorrect shape
>(rectangular), e.g. sky 1, I will roll my own if necessary but I feel
>sure there must be some good ones somwhere!

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/ and, feel free to update the SVN version of
the master_iconmap data to link to the appropriate icons so others may
benefit from your efforts. ;)

See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2365 for an example (the new patch
is post 0.20).  You can do this even if you don't run SVN.  Just do a
checkout with:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv/contrib/master_iconmap

Then edit data/{baseurl,callsigntonetwork,networktourl}.txt and test it
with:

./build_map.pl

(in the master_iconmap directory)

Then, run:

mythfilldatabase --reset-icon-map all
mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map master_iconmap.xml --update-icon-map

/as the user who runs the mythfrontend program/ from the master_iconmap
directory to test.  (Verify all your channels have icons.  If you test
with MythWeb, you'll have to delete MythWeb's icon cache with "rm
/var/www/htdocs/mythtv/data/tv_icons/*" (change path as appropriate)).

And, finally, run

svn diff > ~/master_iconmap-sky.patch

from the master_iconmap directory to create a patch for Trac.

Mike