[mythtv-users] Strange Remote Control Problem
Joel Means
jmeans at physics.tamu.edu
Mon Sep 18 17:31:27 UTC 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 10:22:30AM -0500, Joel Means wrote:
>> As the subject indicates, I am experiencing a strange problem with my
>> remote control. I am using MythTV-0.20. In the Recorded Programs menu,
>> every button press on my remote is obeyed twice.
>
> This could either be a MythTV problem or a LIRC problem...
>
> What happens if you run irw from the a terminal/console? (irw doesn't
> exit, but has to be ctrl-c'd to exit)
irw shows each button press twice, but this is the expected result
according to the lirc website. (http://www.lirc.org/faq.html ; see
number 5 under software issues). This is with a homemade lircd.conf
file for a hauppauge gray remote. With the one provided with lirc, I
get four or five repeats for every button press.
> If keypresses are "double-reported" by irw, then it's LIRC that's at
> fault, otherwise the finger of blame points to MythTV...
As I said, I have my lircrc file setup to ignore up to five repeats.
Also, only the one menu repeats the button presses, which leads me to
believe it is a myth problem, not lirc.
> A thought: You don't have two lirc daemons running, have you? I've never
> tried that, but that *might* cause such a problem... But first look at
> the irw output...
>
I only have one lirc daemon running.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Joel
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
iD8DBQFFDtfv0tbb2uIZyCURAryzAJ9aNMms3qDzfYzXSCqAGFcKGZ8TXgCdHUOZ
YlKwO5QImy1MaOzCtCUpbfA=
=p+I3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list