[mythtv-users] Where/how does Myth 0.20 save dvb channel config data?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Sep 18 14:05:21 UTC 2006

HI!

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 08:20:43AM +0200, Thomas Börkel wrote:
>> In earlier Myth versions, there were some dvb tables in the database.
>> Not anymore.
>
> They weren't used in 0.19 either.

I found something on the Internet about 0.14 or something, where it had
dvb_channel table.

>> Where/how does Myth 0.20 save dvb channel config, like video pid, audio
>> pid, teletext pid?
>
> It doesn't - it finds them from the DVB metadata on demand.

I see. Now I know, how to get EIT after importing channels.conf:

I scanned the channels with w_scan to get networkid and transportid for
each multiplex and then added them manually to the dtv_multiplex table
and now EIT works.

Thomas