[mythtv-users] DVB-T rescan question

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Sep 18 11:54:21 UTC 2006

   I've got my DVB-T working swimmingly now.  I did have to do a re-scan and
set my channels up again;  I'd like top know what aspect of the channels is
used by mythtv-setup's scanning feature to determine that it's already got it.

   E.g., I have "BBC ONE" on channum 1, I forget it's DVB-T callsign.  When
I do a re-scan, it knows I've already got BBC 1 & just updates it.  What
does it use to do this (i.e., what can I change and still allow rescan to
work) - callsign, channum, etc.?

   To prevent clashes with my Sky box, I've renumbered the >100 channums up
out of the way.  Will a rescan re-insert them?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature