[mythtv-users] Fwd: Pioneer HDTV RPTV Interlaced settings HELP.....

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 02:57:57 UTC 2006

I'm hoping someone will take a minute and help me get my last peice
working....I've read and read and just can't seem to get my myth output to
look right when using interlaced modes.  Deinterlacing looks much better but
introduces artifacts, my sets native input is 1080i and when I use that any
movement like panning etc, I get bad combing effect like it's a progressive
display and not a interlaced set.  I'm so close but not sure where to go,
I'm using an nvidia 6150 based motherboard FC5 86x64 with the proprietary
drivers but not using xvmc, but can't get interlaced mode to look right.
I'm using the vga input of my pioneer RPTV SD-533HD5 and trying interlaced
modelines but its like its not realing doing interlaced, any panning of the
camera produces bad combing like effects. I'm primarily using the
"1920x1080i" modeline.  I can attach any outputs that anyone might want I'll
go ahead and attach my xorg.conf and maybe something is obvious.  Thanks...

xorg.conf

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Default Layout"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
    ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
    FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "fbdevhw"
    Load  "record"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "type1"
    Load  "glx"
        Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Option    "Xleds"        "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    Option    "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
# or:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
#    Option    "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
#
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option        "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option        "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
[...]
    Identifier   "Monitor0"
    VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
    ModelName    "PHILIPS 107S"
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
    HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
    VertRefresh  59.9 - 60.1
    ModeLine     "856x480" 35.1 856 909 981 1096 480 495 501 539 -hsync
-vsync
    ModeLine     "1776x1000i" 74.2 1776 1899 1939 2200 1000 1036 1046 1125
+hsync +vsync interlace
    ModeLine     "1920x1080i" 74.2 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125
+hsync +vsync interlace
    ModeLine     "960x540p" 37.1 960 980 1008 1100 540 541 544 562 -hsync
-vsync
    Option        "dpms"
    Option        "HWCursor" "off"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device     "Videocard0"
    Monitor    "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth     24
    SubSection "Display"
        Viewport   0 0
        Depth     24
        Modes    "856x480" "1776x1000i" "1920x1080i" "960x540p"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
    Group        0