[mythtv-users] Trying to use 0.20 with the new diseqc tree.

Gilles Carrier gilles193 at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 17 23:07:39 UTC 2006

Thanks yeasah for your help, but no luck so far with over ten attempts with a
new mythconverg db, not an upgrade from 0.19!

When exactly the diseqc_config is populated? When I define my Input
connections, my choices are properly reflected in the diseqc_tree table,

mysql> select diseqcid, parentid, ordinal, type,
description, switch_ports, lnb_lof_lo from
diseqc_tree;
+----------+----------+---------+--------+-------------+--------------+------------+
| diseqcid | parentid | ordinal | type   | description
| switch_ports | lnb_lof_lo |
+----------+----------+---------+--------+-------------+--------------+------------+
|        1 |     NULL |       0 | switch | Switch
|            4 |          0 |
|        2 |        1 |       0 | lnb    | KuCir
|            0 |   11250000 |
|        3 |        1 |       1 | lnb    | KuLin
|            0 |   10750000 |
|        4 |        1 |       2 | lnb    | C
|            0 |    5150000 |
+----------+----------+---------+--------+-------------+--------------+------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What am I missing here ? Something probably very basic, but i don't see what
it is.
Is there any trace that I might use with mythtv-setup? I am using -v database
but I never see any INSERT for the diseqc_config table.

G. C.

G C wrote:
> After defining my three video sources, labeled Nimiq,
> Bande Ku and Bande C, I made the proper Input
> connections (#1 -> Nimiq (port 0 of my diseqc switch),
> #2-> Bande Ku , #3 -> Bande C).

It doesn't sound like you actually successfully did that, because...

> mysql> select * from diseqc_config;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)

> I find it strange that the diseqc_config is empty;
> BTW, what is the VALUE column for ?

...of this, which you correctly sniffed out as a source of trouble. The
diseqc_config table is populated in the input editor, when you select
the actual per-input diseqc settings; perhaps you exited from the input
editor with exit/escape/cancel -- this will cancel out any diseqc
changes and would leave the diseqc_config table empty. Without any
information from the table, it defaults to port 1 on the switch (I
assume that isn't correct for this input?)

(The value column stores the setting for a particular diseqc device --
its meaning changes depending on which device it applies to. For
switches, it's the port number; for rotors, it's the satellite position,
etc.)

FYI, there is code that is supposed to populate proper tree settings
based on the old 0.19-style setup, so in theory it should "just work" if
you upgrade an existing database. It might not catch particularly
strange setups, but it did get some testing on basic setups and worked
fine for those.