[mythtv-users] Key binding: Global vs. Local Program Guide

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 21:19:58 UTC 2006

I would like to use the same key binding to bring up the Program Guide
all of the time.  However, as MythWeb puts it:

"If you set a keybinding for a JumpPoint that is the same as one
defined in the Keybindings section, the JumpPoint will override the
keybinding."

This means there if I press the "Guide" key while in "TV Playback"
mode, the JumpPoint is activated, and I am taken out of "TV Playback"
mode.  This is not desirable.

Is there some trick to make this work the way I want?  If not, I will
probably modify the code to work the way I want.

Thanks,

John