[mythtv-users] XBMC-style Streaming content proposal
Andrew Saunders
saunders at pagpaintball.com
Sun Sep 17 20:04:18 UTC 2006
Let me first state that I am offering to do this, not just asking for a
feature...
What I would like to see in mythTV is something similar to how XBMC can
have external scripts that can scrape down websites and allow for
real-time streaming (as opposed to downloading and viewing the file
after the fact) via mplayer/vlc/xine. It would work in a similar
fashion, select the website you want, it would update whats available,
then you would select the "link" to stream, then it would just do it.
I think that would be VERY easy considering that platform being
developed for, a linuxbox with limitless resources (compared to an
xbox). Now I would personally like to develop this in PHP 5.2.x using
php-gtk (http://gtk.php.net/). I'm no expert in gtk so that aspect would
take a while but everything else would be a cakewalk.
I would like to know what people think of this? Ideas or suggestions?
Especially any suggestions of already written apps/code that would cut
down in development time.
Thanks.
ps. my C/C++ is quite rusty so don't suggest that :)
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list