[mythtv-users] Network Drive Storage Questions and others.

Ryan dreadlocks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:33:40 UTC 2006

you dont need alot of horsepower, I built a fileserver capable of
holding 4 ide drives and 8 sata drives for very cheap.. it uses a
800Mhz via CPU that takes very little power.. infact I calculate a
450W psu could power the system with all 12 drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813185043

thats the board, I tossed 2 4 port sata cards in it with the cheapest
atx case I could find w/room for all 12 drives and plenty of fans and
a desent powersupply add in some cheap 512MB ram and it works great
and is reliable..

Currently I have over 1TB of storage capacity and still have room for
8 more drives. I would recomend sticking with Seagate drives as they
all come with 5 year warranties.

I record to the local drive and I have scripts setup to run every week
to move the data to the file server for archival purposes