[mythtv-users] Problem with scheduled recordings not showing up in the program guide
Darío Díaz Anzalone
anakha at igijon.com
Sun Sep 17 14:04:29 UTC 2006
Hi,
A couple of months ago I set up my mythtv box on Ubuntu+0.19, after a
lot of work...it's not easy to set up this in spain, but at the end it
worked (thank you for the lot of help that I get reading this list). All
was working well until I realized that recording programs was not
working...
I will try to explain my problem, but having in mind that I use the
spanish version, maybe I use a section name not very exactly. The thing
started when I try to set a program to be recorded. I did it from the
program guide, but after setting it up, the program guide didn't show it
in a different color, and if I went into the program options again, it
seemed to be not set to be recorded. In fact, mythtv allowed me to set
it again to be recorded aas many times as I want.
I also realized that when I went to watch previous recordings, mythtv
said that I didn have anyone, although I knew that I have several,
because this was working in the past and I've use it a lot.
Investigating mythconverg, I realized that the tables "recorded" and
"recordedprogram" were mark as crashed. A "mysql repair table" on them
fix this, and then I can see all the recording that I have in Mythtv,
/including /the ones that I thought that mythtv dont allow me to set to
be recorded.
Doing some more research, I realized that every time I try to use the
program guide to record a program, mythtv inserts the adecuate row in
the "record" table, and in fact it records the show. But no scheduled
record is show in the program guide, and in resolving conflicts it keeps
saying to me that I don't have any scheduled record, etc...
So the problem seems to be that mythtv is not being able to recover from
database the records that itself is putting there. I've tried a lot of
thing involving mythtv and mysql, but nothing seems to have work. I also
have searched trough the list, but I havent find anything, maybe because
I don't know how to call things exactly in English.
If someone may help me, or at least give me a clue of how mythtv gathers
the information about the recording from the database, I would be much
appreciate.
Thank you in advance,
Darío
PD: I've a strange issue with thunderbird, and I suspect that maybe I
sent twice this message...in that case, I apologize to the
administrators and all the users
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list