[mythtv-users] Fresh Install - Not Saving Upcoming Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 17 12:49:42 UTC 2006

On 09/17/06 07:28, Kris Steinwender wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     Working on a fresh install of .20. Front/Backend communications
> work great, mythbackend is working like a charm - ditto for
> DVD transcoding. Having an issue with the tuner though (PVR-250).
> While it's setup and I've got the channels fetching correctly,
> whenever I schedule a recording, it never happens.
>
>     Via the web-ui, "Upcoming Recordings" is always empty. This is
> regardless of whether I set up a manual record or if I choose
> a program through the guide.
>
>     In the "Backend Status", nothing is queued. For testing purposes,
> I deleted the PVR-250 and re-added it via mythtv-setup .
> I noticed this increased the Encoder # to "Encoder 5". However, it
> still didn't solve my problem.

Sounds like an improperly connected video source/input.  I recommend
deleting /all/ your video sources with the "Delete all" button and
recreating the video source, the channels, and re-linking the video
source to the card inputs.  Note that you may have to delete/recreate
your capture cards (again with "Delete All"), too, for everything to
work properly, depending on how much drivers have changed on your system.

Mike